versione italiana
Sapienza Università di Roma

Sapienza - Università di Roma

logo Sapienza

Home > Photo Gallery > Campus

HOME

PHOTOGALLERY

Campus

Gallery

The main Campus, located in San Lorenzo district and near Termini central station, was opened in 1935 and is a masterpiece of Rationalism, designed by arch Marcello Piacentini. The main Campus hosts most of the 23 Faculties of Sapienza.



University Campus Rationalist architecture - a detail
University Campus
Rationalist architecture - a detail


Aula magna "Italy between the arts and sciences"<br /> fresco by Mario Sironi, 1935
Aula magna
"Italy between the arts and sciences"
fresco by Mario Sironi, 1935


University Chapel Detail of the dome
University Chapel
Detail of the dome


University Campus Night view of Minerva and of <br /> Rectorate Building
University Campus
Night view of Minerva and of
Rectorate Building


University Campus Botanical building
University Campus
Botanical building


University Campus "Minerva" sculpture by Arturo Martini, 1935
University Campus
"Minerva" sculpture by Arturo Martini, 1935


University Campus Museum of Classical Art
University Campus
Museum of Classical Art


University Campus Glass window decorations of the <br />campus child care centre
University Campus
Glass window decorations of the
campus child care centre


University Campus Secretaries Office Building
University Campus
Secretaries Office Building


University Campus Propylaeum
University Campus
Propylaeum


University Campus Faculty of Political Science
University Campus
Faculty of Political Science